[xsl] Number of Templates Exceeded - Xalan

Subject: [xsl] Number of Templates Exceeded - Xalan
From: Sundararaman S A <sundararaman.sa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:48:49 +0530
Hi,

I have a complex xsl file which has many recursive templates and templates.

The problem I am facing is this:
I have a template which is used to find the sorting order for a
particular column
in the list. I have used the recursive template to do this..

The template is given below:

	<xsl:template name="findTheOrdering">
	<xsl:param name="sortCol"/>
	<xsl:param name="orderbylist"/>
		<xsl:variable name="temp">
			<!--<xsl:call-template name="findThePrevOrdering">
			<xsl:with-param name="sortCol" select="$sortCol"/>
			<xsl:with-param name="orderbylist" select="$orderbylist"/>
			</xsl:call-template>-->
			<xsl:call-template name="Summa"/>
		</xsl:variable>
		<xsl:choose>
			<xsl:when test="string($temp)='asc'">
				<xsl:value-of select="'desc'"/>
			</xsl:when>
			<xsl:when test="string($temp)='desc'">
				<xsl:value-of select="'asc'"/>
			</xsl:when>
			<xsl:otherwise>
				<xsl:value-of select="'asc'"/>
			</xsl:otherwise>
		</xsl:choose>
	</xsl:template>

In the above template, I have commented the code for Call-template
"findThePrevOrdering".  Instead I have put an empty template
called "Summa"..

Even with this empty template the Xalan is throwing error
something like:

880 >= 1

See If I remove any template reference here, the xsl is working fine.
Is there any limitation in using
Xsl:when
XSL:Call-template
or XPath functions or xsl functions inside the xsl??

Is there any limitation for number of templates defined in the XSL file??

Thanks and Regards,
sundar