Re: [xsl] Problem Running Dave Pawson's Example Code from XSL-FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem Running Dave Pawson's Example Code from XSL-FO
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:34:09 +0100
Hi there,

I am confused on how the system is supposed to work. The ps.xsl you supply does not contain xsl at all. So why do you import it? And if I just apply main.xsl to book.xml (xalan or else), I don't get a well-formed document returned.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Geert

cfisher@xxxxxxx wrote:

I am trying to use an example from Dave Pawson's book XSL-FO from chapt 10.
I am having problems with FOP blowing up with a Null Pointer exception on
the class and function of:  CommandLineStarter.run(...).

I am using FOP 20.5 and running these files with ithe command line:
fop -d -xsl main.xslt -xml book.xml -pdf output.pdf

Would someone else be kind enough to run these on their system and let me
know what the results were?  I have some other files that approximate this
same behavior so I used his example to trace what I thought was my problem,
and his stuff won't run either, so I am a bit flummoxed...

Thank you,

Curtis Fisher