Re: [xsl] Space after <a> tag in text output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Space after <a> tag in text output
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:11:19 +0100
Hi,

I think we need to see some more of the XSL to come to a conclusion. It could be that you have indentation set to yes (which is the default of some XSL parsers), but I can't tell for sure. What processor are you using?

Cheers,
Geert

Vivek Shinde wrote:

Hi,

I am processing a XML file to generate 'text' output. Here's a sample code:
Original XML file has <articledescription>
</articledescription>

To process this I am writing the content of <articledescription> into a temporary XML file using
<redirect:write select="$xmlfile">

Then I read the temp XML file and apply template by:
<xsl:apply-templates select="document($xmlfile)" mode="proc-txt"/>

While I do that all of my tags are being processed OK. But when I come across <a> tag, the space between </a> and the next word appears as a first character on the next line. So it looks like

Vivek is a SAS
http://www.sas.com
 employee.

Since I do not have control on the space before word 'employee', I am not able to eliminate it. Any suggestion?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Vivek

-- Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)