Re: [xsl] Sub total generation - filter problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sub total generation - filter problem
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:18:19 GMT
> I think I am NOT good enough to be in this list..but I NEED help.

That's the whole point of the list, for begiiners to ask questions.

However it helps if you make your question more intelligable. Basically
I skipped over the question when you asked it as it's too big to
comprehend (and if I can't see the answer, or can't see that it's
interesting) then it gets left for someone else.

You should put some work in to cutting down your xml input, do you
really need 20 odd MyTable in order to show the problem

similarly your stylesheet has lines
			<th  id="bs_group"
			style="WIDTH:3%;"	   align='center' >BS
			Group				</th>

which scroll way off to the right and make it unreadable, you may need
those attributes in your final result but you don't need them in a test
case to ask a question to the group.

I note that you have an xsl:sort on your apply-templates but within the
templates you are testing following-sibling::MyTable[1] that's almost
always the wrong thing to do the following-sibling relates to the
original input not to the sorted order.

David

http://www.star.net.uk