Re: [xsl] use-when attribute?

Subject: Re: [xsl] use-when attribute?
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:27:13 -0500
On Dec 18, 2004, at 8:13 AM, Michael Kay wrote:

I would be inclined to do it with template rules:

... But perhaps I haven't understood the problem.

In layperson's terms (because I may hack the technical terminology!), I need to get a list of all the citation references in a document to use for processing (querying a database, etc.), but I want the specific form those citations are in to be flexible.

Put differently, I want to be able to easily add support for different input document types. Elsewhere in the stylesheets -- where I actually format the citations -- I can just use xsl:choose to figure out what to do.

It seems from Geert's explanation, the keys would be more efficient than the example I posted. I don't really understand how that'd compare to the template rules suggestion here.

Bruce