Re: [xsl] Function within an expression

Subject: Re: [xsl] Function within an expression
From: Raffaele Sena <raff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:27:44 -0800
yes, and yes.

It should be possible to do like your example (I think :) but it's definitively possible to create a "local" variable related to current node:

<xsl:for-each select="$lines">
  <xsl:variable name="type" select="substring(., 1, 3)"/>
  <record>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="$field_definitions/*[@type = $type]"/>
  </record/>
</xsl:for-each>