Re: [xsl] Counting level of nodes beneath current (in XPATH)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Counting level of nodes beneath current (in XPATH)
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:33:59 +0000
I think it is clear now. It took some time for me (and a clear written solution).
I think now that Andrew's solution is doing the same - I will have to look at it again.

The solution is not near what I hoped as it seems to be very slow.
Perhaps I can save the xml making an id-transfer on the whole xml giving each Y-node an attribute with the maximum number lv of descendants (using one of the two solutions), then use this attribute in future transformations. The usefullness of this solution depends on how often the input xml will change...

Thanks to both of you, and sorry for being so slow.
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.com/