Re: [xsl] xslt processing XML file by applying multiple transformation

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt processing XML file by applying multiple transformation
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:26:31 -0600
Hi, ana,

If I absolutely could not get it done in one pass, I'd use modes for this,
as Mark Lundquist pointed out.

However, it may be easier to do this as one pass than you might think. As
Michael Kay has oft pointed out, you can write the results of your first
transformation into a variable and then process the contents of the
variable, giving you complete processing in one pass. I use that technique
for a number of tasks, the largest of which is generating indexes for
books.

HTH

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services
(on contract at Synergistic Solution Technologies)