Re: [xsl] Extracting highest values within a range

Subject: Re: [xsl] Extracting highest values within a range
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:26:52 GMT
  >   <xsl:when
  > test="/x/params/resultstocompare[substring-after(start,'Result
  > ') &lt;$n][substring-after(end,'Result') &gt;=$n]"/>

  It's an empty when branch, but I cannot put the logic into English!

it is testing if you are mid-range (in which case you do nothing as the
range is handled by the first entry)

$n is the number and the test is asking if there is a resultstocompare
which has a start child that is less than $n _and_ an end child that is
greater than or equal to $n.

as discussed on this list in the last week or two, two predicates after
each other [...][...] is just a syntactic variant on [... and ...] in
the case (as here) where the predicates don't depend on position().

David

http://www.star.net.uk