Re: [xsl] generating numerical character entities in html output

Subject: Re: [xsl] generating numerical character entities in html output
From: Rossella Rosin <tanataviele@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:29:09 +0100
At 12.52 18/01/2005, you wrote:
That means that disable-output-escaping is not being used at all. Are
you sure you are linerising from the XSLT system.

hem, I'm not sure what "linearising" means. :-[

If you use msxsl to
generate a DOM tree and linearise from the DOM then the linearisation
hints such as disable-output-escaping, and any attributes to xsl:output
have no effect. If d-o-e was being used above you would get
 & and &#64; in the above two cases.

so maybe d-o-e doesn't work in msxml, but setting
<xsl:output method="text"/> does work. Some bug?
I'm installing saxon right now, I will tell the results as soon as I can test them.

Rossella