Re: [xsl] Comparing node for identity using union

Subject: Re: [xsl] Comparing node for identity using union
From: António Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:24:46 +0000
Does the fact that i'm setting this parameter from Javascript/Sarissa
change your remark? I'm testing it now but it's too much confusing and
i don't have the time to figure it out.

But it seems there are different beahviours in the way i pass the parameter.

Firstly i had
        pos = 1 //or whatever
	Sarissa.setXslParameter(xslDoc, "pos", pos+"");
	xml.transformNodeToObject(xslDoc, xmlResult);

because with
	Sarissa.setXslParameter(xslDoc, "pos", pos);

was giving a error (now does not give a error but gets thw wrong result)

So when i change the code to use ths XSLTProcessor i used the same

	processor.setParameter(null, "pos", pos+"");
	var xmlResult = processor.transformToDocument(xmlDoc);

that gives the wrong behaviour. But if i use
	processor.setParameter(null, "pos", pos);

it works OK. So they have the opposite functioning.

When i use oXygen i get many problems when setting the params, so i
simply change the declaration
    <xsl:param name="pos" select="1"/>   or wathever number i want,
and worked ok every time with the diferent processors.

So i'm so confused now that i just want to ask a simple question.

When i set a parameter defined like <xsl:param name="pos" select="0"/>
outside the XSLT does the parameter stays a number, changes to char,
it depends on the processor, or what?