RE: [xsl] xslt not working

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt not working
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:29:48 -0000
>     When I do the transform I have a namespace
> "xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org";
> getting added to all the tags I generate. I found that this
> somehow has to
> do with the transform not happening.
>
> First I would like to suppress these namespaces from
> appearing all over the document

In order to get rid of them, we need to know where they are coming from. To
know that, we need to see your stylesheet.

> second, Iam transforming from xsl to xsl. So I had an alias
> setup in my
> original stylesheet so all my xsl tags are in the
> namespace-alias "x:".
> I was then doing a find/replace for all x to xsl and performing the
> transform. Now Iam not in a position to do a find/replace.
> Can someone tell
> me why the namespace-alias didn't rename all the tags to "xsl:".

I suspect you have completely misunderstood what namespace-alias does, but I
can't be sure without seeing your code.

> Thirdly,
> Why doesn't the processor process the stylesheet in the "x:"
> namespace. I
> have it as follows
>
> <x:stylesheet xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; version="1.0">

There's nothing wrong with that bit of code; your error must be elsewhere in
the part you haven't shown us.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/