Re: [xsl] how xslt2 affects usage of programming constructs

Subject: Re: [xsl] how xslt2 affects usage of programming constructs
From: Bryan Rasmussen <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:14:24 +0100
> I use exclusively f:map() where normally one would use xsl:for-each.

what is the benefit? i suppose you do it for a specific benefit or is it because
of syntactical preference.

> As already demonstrated in my recent code, I am increasingly using the
> FXSL HOF wrappers of the corresponding "original" XPath F & Os -- such
> as:
>
>   f:mult() instead of '*'
>
>   f:add() instead of '+'
>
>   f:mod() instead of mod
>
>   f:string-length() instead of string-length()
>
>   f:name() instead of name()

i would like to read your reasons for this. i have been working on a paper tbat
has parts that relates to fxsl, and i have found a similar habit in using
functions at a higher level, but i think my experiences are probably different
than yours as i have taken a different approach.