Re: [xsl] finding nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] finding nodes
From: "Vasu Chakkera" <vasucv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:29:41 -0000
You probably need
<xsl:apply-templates select="//campus[@name = $value]"/>

and then define the template match = "campus" to do what you want to do with
that node.

I think this should work.

If you needed to store the nodeset in the variable ....
Firstly you must copy the nodes in to this variable.. using the copy-of...
<xsl:variable name="nset">
 <xsl:copy-of select="//campus[@name = $value]"/>
 </xsl:variable>
 and then iterate

For iterating, you  need an iteration expression like xsl:for-each to loop
through the variable. Secondly you need a function like nodeset() that will
evaluate your variable to a node list. usually all processors have the
nodeset functions. check your processor's documentation for how to use this
extension function.
your expression will look like

<xsl:for-each select="xx:nodeset($nset)/">
   do something to this node......
  </xsl:for-each>
If you wanted to print the nodeset that you had stored in the variable, then
you could do
<xsl:copy-of select="$nset"/>
 > My context node is elsewhere in the xml file.
Make sure you definitely want to do this nodeset business. a double slash
( //) will get you the campus where ever it is in the document from the root
and doesnt care what your context node is..
HTH
Vasu