Re: [xsl] finding nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] finding nodes
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:42:13 +0530
Hi,

    I appreciate your reply. Prabably I should have been more clear in my
mail. When I mentioned top-level (school in my case) I didn't exactly mean
top-level but inside of the top-level element but outside of the actual
root (student) where my student data is.

I did note the point on the 'resulttreefragment part'.

Thanks.
Omprakash.V

                      David Carlisle
                      <davidc@xxxxxxxx         To:      xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      k>                       cc:      xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                      01/24/2005 07:31
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to xsl-list

<xsl:variable name="nset">
 <xsl:copy-of select="/campus[@name = $value]"/>
 </xsl:variable>

as has been said already in thi sthread, don't (ever) do that, which
generates a result tree fragment (and is expensive even in XSLt2 where
it would generate a node set)

do

<xsl:variable name="nset" select="/campus[@name = $value]"/>

However there will only be one element node below / so thi snode set
will have at most one element in it, depending on whether the top level
element is a campus element with that attribute. Is that really what you
want?

  and then define the template match = "campus". But
  wouldn't
  <xsl:template match="campus"> match other campus nodes as well.

It would match, but unless you apply templates to those other nodes,
they would never be processed.

David

http://www.star.net.uk

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in