Re: [xsl] The old problem of Javascript, XSL and ampersand...

Subject: Re: [xsl] The old problem of Javascript, XSL and ampersand...
From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:36:56 +0100
ben senior wrote:
As far as I can tell from the lists, there is no way to get an XSL sheet to output valid javascript, the <>& chars are converted to &amp; etc...

e.g. if(this.field && this.field.value != null) becomes if(this.field &amp; &amp; this.field.value != null) which is invalid JScript.

However, I didn't get any exact matches on the list for this problem. So that the list contains a definitive and discoverable answer, can somebody confirm whether or not it is possible to get an XSL template to emit unescaped characters like "&".

Use the XSLT "HTML" output method, it's supposed to take care of issues like that.

Best regards, Julian