[xsl] Removing line-feeds on a imported tree via document

Subject: [xsl] Removing line-feeds on a imported tree via document
From: António Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:11:50 +0000
Here's another interesting one. In my XSLT i have at some point

<xsl:copy-of select="$xmldoc/Menus/Menu" />

working ok, EXCEPT sometimes i get things like

<Menu>
<Menu_K>X00066</Menu_K>
<Titulo>(Cada Utente)</Titulo>
<MenuData>SELECT Utente_K, NomeLogin
FROM Utente
WHERE UtenteTipo='U'</MenuData>
<MenuTipo>TXT</MenuTipo>
</Menu>

Notice the line breaks on MenuData, that is causing me problems later
on. So i want to get rid of then. I've tryed using

<xsl:copy-of select="normalize-space($xmldoc/Menus/Menu)" />

because i don't understand nothing of this, but soon realise the
error, so i went back and define a template

	<xsl:template match="MenuData">
		<xsl:copy><xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(.)"/></xsl:copy>
	</xsl:template>

but did no good, cause it seems that only match the original MenuDatas
and not the imported ones.

Any sugestions? Thanks.