Re: [xsl] Newbie - XML and XSLT samples to produce XHTML Files please

Subject: Re: [xsl] Newbie - XML and XSLT samples to produce XHTML Files please
From: B Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:23:55 -0500
At 9:19 AM +0000 1/26/05, Julian Voelcker wrote:
> The following example is rather trivial, but once you fully understand how
it works, you can handle the most complex XSLT.

Many thanks for that, that should help me on my way, although I would still like to see an example of a really complex site.

You might want to take a look at the Extreme Markup Languages conference proceedings infrastructure. The proceedings, presented in PDF and HTML, are made from papers provided by the authors in XML. On the site, you can find:

  - http://www.mulberrytech.com/Extreme/Proceedings/site.html
    which describes the approach

  - http://www.mulberrytech.com/Extreme/Proceedings/tools.html
    which described the tools used to make the presentation versions
    of the proceedings, including links to all of the stylesheets

  - for each paper, the XML source as well as the PDF and HTML
     produced from it. Look at any of the indices:
     http://www.mulberrytech.com/Extreme/Proceedings/authors.html
     http://www.mulberrytech.com/Extreme/Proceedings/titles.html
     http://www.mulberrytech.com/Extreme/Proceedings/keywords.html

     click on the various icons to see the various forms of
      each paper.

(with any luck, you may also find some of the content interesting, but
that's a different subject entirely.)

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com 17 West Jefferson Street Phone: 301/315-9631
Suite 207 Direct Line: 301/315-9634
Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML