RE: [xsl] DTDs and offline processing

Subject: RE: [xsl] DTDs and offline processing
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:06:46 -0000
This is something that happens during XML parsing, not during XSLT
processing. Most XML parsers, if the document has a DOCTYPE, will try to
dereference it; and for XSLT processing this is pretty-well mandatory
because of the problem of entity references.

There are mechanisms (OASIS catalogs) that allow you to redirect the parser
to a local copy of the DTD, but you can't entirely avoid reading it except
by removing the reference to it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/