Re: [xsl] Issue with xsl:sort - does not differ between 'V' and ''W'?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Issue with xsl:sort - does not differ between 'V' and ''W'?
From: Jon Bråten <valemon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:32:52 +0100
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:24:09 -0000, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> American software vendors have some strange ideas about the collating
> sequences used in various European countries.

I found some interesting reading on this here:
http://www-124.ibm.com/icu/userguide/Collate_Intro.html

This site mentions, among other things, that: 'For example, the
letters "v" and "w" are two different letters according to English.
However, "v" and "w" are considered variant forms of the same letter
in Swedish.'

I've tried setting the 'lang' attribute to influence this behaviour,
using my own class com.icl.saxon.sort.Compare_no (I am in Norway). I
have to mess some more with setting the strength on the Collator
object in my sort class before I know if this worked :)

Jon Breten