[xsl] Recognize nested element (check for same-name parent)

Subject: [xsl] Recognize nested element (check for same-name parent)
From: Cas Tuyn <Cas.Tuyn@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:26:03 +0100
  Hi,

After our DTD guys simplified our DTD to change steps and substeps into
nested steps, I now have the dificulty of inserting an <ol> when a step
is nested (in fact a substep).

XML:

<step>Do the following:
   <step>Select: Start</step>
   <step>Select: Yes</step>
</step>

XSLT so far (unsuccessful): I tried with xsl:if to see if the parent
(..) equals the element 'step', so a match on step with parent step gets
extra <ol> in front.

<xsl:template match="step">
   <xsl:if test="..='step'">
     insert ol if first and /ol if last (no problem here)
   </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

I considered doing two templates for step and step/step, but fear nested
steps will be processed twice or three times.

I'm using WinXP and XMLspy to create the XSLT. And Solaris and Perl +
Sablotron as a production system.

Someone must have had and solved this same problem... Apparently I
googled for the wrong search terms.

Thanks,

Cas

--
The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. ASML is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.