RE: [xsl] Aborting XSL processing during a run....

Subject: RE: [xsl] Aborting XSL processing during a run....
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:42:12 -0000
> I think the OP wants to output a line of PHP and then stop the
> processing - xsl:message terminate="yes" operates at the
> transformation
> time, not at the serialisation time, so there would be no output.

Actually xsl:message terminate="yes", like everything else in XSLT, can be
executed at any time the processor chooses. If this instruction is executed
at all, then it's completely undefined what output is produced by the
transformation. For example if you use xsl:result-document to create a new
output document for every input record, and you have 1000 input records, and
you use xsl:message terminate="yes" to abort processing while handling the
50th input record, then it would be entirely legitimate to find that you've
got 949 output files, one for each record *after* the 50th, because the
processor decided it would be fun to start at the end and work backwards.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/