Re: [xsl] New W3C Working Drafts (and new Saxon release)

Subject: Re: [xsl] New W3C Working Drafts (and new Saxon release)
From: Kenneth Stephen <marvin.the.cynical.robot@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:03:33 -0600
Michael,

    From the list of changes :

<quote>
It is now a recoverable error to generate nodes in the result tree
using a namespace name that is not a valid instance of xs:anyURI. XSLT
1.0 explicitly stated that this was not an error; however, the XPath
2.0 data model assumes that the name of a node is a valid xs:QName,
and the namespace part of a valid xs:QName, if present, must be a
valid xs:anyURI. The fact that this error is recoverable, however,
gives implementations freedom to avoid strict validation of namespace
names if they wish to do so.
</quote>

    May I ask why this change was made? Not that I'm inconvenienced by
this - it just seems like an odd thing to explicitly change.

Thanks,
Kenneth