RE: [xsl] Multiple CDATA tags

Subject: RE: [xsl] Multiple CDATA tags
From: John Cole <johnmcole@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:02:32 -0800 (PST)
Thank you very much Michael and David.  This confirms
my suspicion that it is conformant behavior.

Unfortunately the application itself is that picky as
it was originally written (not by me) expecting the
results given in the Sablotron example to do some
additional (and more complex) PHP post-processing of
the XML into its final form.

Since we're now moving from Sablotron to Libxslt, it
looks like I'm going to have to re-write a portion of
the application.  However the question for me now, is
how much.

I've tried using other characters than the []s in the
XSLT template, but they all seem to get wrapped by
CDATA tags. The basic issue that I need to have some
sort of unique string at the beginning and end of the
text block (such as ']|[@dt[') that the
post-processing code can indentify for additional
processing.

Anyways, thanks again for your help.  If anyone else
has any comments, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'm going
to continue looking into some kind of work-around.

Best,
John