Re: [xsl] Optimization using keys

Subject: Re: [xsl] Optimization using keys
From: António Mota <amsmota@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:43:23 +0000
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 04:35:14 -0800 (PST), David Carlisle
<davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 1) Is this a case where i should/could use keys instead (i never used
> > keys before so it's a little puzzling to me)
>
> perhaps, although keys work on a per-document basis so you need to
> decide the points below first.

I'm afraid i don't understand what you're saying. Is it that if i want
to use keys i can not use document()?

> > 2) Since the lookup document and the input tree are the same,
>
> ?? Why are you using document() at all in that case?

Good question, i really don't know. Probably at the beggining i had
two diferent doc's and use it, and many copy&pasts after it
survived...

But it's not needed, you're right, i've got then out.

Can you elaborate on the keys usage?