Re: [xsl] equivalent for 'while'

Subject: Re: [xsl] equivalent for 'while'
From: RQamar <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:40:41 +0000
Andrew Welch wrote:

It's not immediately obvious how you arrived at your output, for example
where does the SubConcept/id value of '11000' come from?

Oh the '11000' is just an id I made up for completing the XML document. However it comes from some other part of document 2 which I havent shown in the post (to avoid lengthy chunks of code).

It looks as
through all you want to do is extract the correct id's from 'Document
2'... but your example doesn't lend itself to a quick reply :)

The id's differ in doc 1 and doc 2 simply because the sources of information are different. Information on Pain has been constructed using two separate and independent modelling techniques. What I want to achieve is to identify the similarities and differences in the representation of Pain in the two models (which is why I need them to be simplified before performing any sort of comparison).

Obtaining the ids is not the ultimate goal. However they can be used for easing the process of looking up specific concepts in document 2. Since the format in which I obtain document 2 is entirely different from document 1, I'd like to reduce it to a sort-of canonical form to make easy the process of comparison.

Does this answer your query?

Thanks
Rahil

cheers
andrew

I've done a small but complete snippet of doc 1, doc 2 and the resulting doc 2 I'd like in order to compare the two files.

-------------------- Document 1------------------------

<Top>
<PrimeConcept id="at0000" type="EVALUATION">
<PrimeName>Pain</PrimeName>
<SubPrimeConcept id="at0003">Headache</SubPrimeConcept>
</PrimeConcept>
<SubConcepts>
<SubConcept id="at0027" name="Severity">
<Value type="TEXT">[MildSeverity,ModerateSeverity,SevereSeverity]</Value>
</SubConcept>
</SubConcepts>
</Top>

---------------------- Document 2 --------------------------------

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="file://C:\Document2.xsl"?>

<TOP id="1000" name="Thing">
<DEFCONCEPT id="10180" name="Pain">
       <PARENT>
           <CONCEPT name="ExternalStimulusSensation" ref="10181"/>
       </PARENT>
       <CHILD>
           <CONCEPT name="HeadPain" ref="10235"/>
       </CHILD>
</DEFCONCEPT>

<DEFCONCEPT id="10235" name="HeadPain">
       <PARENT>
           <CONCEPT name="Pain" ref="10180"/>
       </PARENT>
       <CHILD>
           <CONCEPT name="Headache" ref="10279"/>
       </CHILD>
</DEFCONCEPT>

 <DEFCONCEPT id="10279" name="Headache">
       <PARENT>
           <CONCEPT name="HeadPain" ref="10235"/>
       </PARENT>
 </DEFCONCEPT>

</TOP>

<Top>
<PrimeConcept id="10180" type="none">
<PrimeName>Pain</PrimeName>
<SubPrimeConcept id="10279">Headache</SubPrimeConcept>
</PrimeConcept>
<SubConcepts>
<SubConcept id="11000" name="Severity">