[xsl] Re: xsl-list Digest 17 Feb 2005 06:10:00 -0000 Issue 331

Subject: [xsl] Re: xsl-list Digest 17 Feb 2005 06:10:00 -0000 Issue 331
From: Carl Jenkins <carljenkins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:39:51 -0600
"Are you desiring to do the transformation on the client or simply
return the transformed result from the server?"

Transformation on the server is what we typically do, but in this
situation it isn't working becuase the entire page is refreshed not
just the drop down list.

In another piece of our code something similar had been done with a
dialog box. There was an iframe placed on the popup and when the user
selectted the drop down an onchange event would fire and the dialog
would get updated with out refreshing everything. It's just not
working in this situation I think mostly becuase I am not using a
dialog box so it must refresh the page. I have been doing a little
research and found the XMLHttpRequest object might help. Do you think
tihs is the way to go?