[xsl] changing select in apply-templates

Subject: [xsl] changing select in apply-templates
From: "Prasad Akella" <avlnprasad@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:33:03 +0100
hi,

i had problems with xsl:for each where i would like to change the select in run time. i was not able to solve with it and thus changed my problem. its like this

i have a stylesheet A.xsl in which i am doing some xforms transformation using A.xml as the data source.

A.xsl -  - - - - (generates form using xforms controls)

<xsl:stylesheet>
<xsl:template match = />
uses A.xml - - - -

some xforms statements

<xsl:apply-templates select="Exam/Question" mode="content"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Question" mode="content">
------some statements to perform some actions to display data
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

This is my second xsl which would take the above xsl as input and transform all the xforms controls into equivalent xhtml controls

B.xsl - - - - - - - (generates equivalent xhtml controls from the above A.xsl)

templates matching all controls of xforms to write equivalent xhtml controls

my problem is here that i am not able to make this xsl take A.xml as input i am using something like

<xsl:variable name="tempxml" select="document('A.xml')"/>

i would like to pass this as $tempxml//Question for my above apply-templates written in A.xsl

i am not able to do that and thus am not able to render data. i am not able to control my <xsl:template mode="content"> in the above xsl as its also being transformed. kindly sugggest as to how i can over come this problem
i would like my

<xsl:apply-templates select="$tempxml//Question" match="content/"> to be used instead of the above xsl:apply-templates

this in such a way that in my B.xsl, the data source is taken and the data is rendered accordingly.

with regards,
prasad Akella