[xsl] fo namespace declaration causing problem with included stylesheet

Subject: [xsl] fo namespace declaration causing problem with included stylesheet
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 06:50:05 -0500
I'm working on a project that involves including several stylesheets in a main one via the <xsl:include> instruction. In both the main stylesheet and in the included stylesheet (I know I said several, but for simplicity's sake, at the moment I am including only one) there is a namespace declaration for fo. When I run the transform, Saxon8 tells me "java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence." and msxsl tells me "Illegal xml character." Both message point back to the included file.

When I remove the namespace declaration from the included file I get an error telling me that I have an undeclared namespace.

I have concluded that I'm missing the point somewhere and I would be grateful if someone could point out where I'm going wrong. Thanks.
--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email