[xsl] Assigning a value to a variable failure

Subject: [xsl] Assigning a value to a variable failure
From: "tom tom" <tomxsllist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:07:57 +0000
If I have the following variables:

<xsl:variable name="section_num2">
 <xsl:choose>
   <xsl:when test="/ROOT/PARAMS/PARAM[NAME='s_id']">
	<xsl:value-of select="/ROOT/PARAMS/PARAM[NAME='s_id']/VALUE"/>
   </xsl:when>
   <xsl:otherwise>1</xsl:otherwise>
 </xsl:choose>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:variable name="section_num" select="number($section_num2)"/>

I have a further variable and template:

<xsl:variable name="current_page">
<xsl:call-template name="find_current_page"/>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:template name="find_current_page">
<xsl:value-of select="$section_num2"/>
</xsl:template>

When i reference the variable $current_page, the value of $section_num2 is not returned, nothing is returned, yet when I call the template name 'find_current_page' directly the correct value is returned, can anyone tell me why? I am using MSXML 3 in XML Spy, these templates are part of a much larger stylesheet, they are definately not being overridden anywhere.

Thanks

Tom

Stay in touch with absent friends - get MSN Messenger http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger