Re: [xsl] Re: failure notice

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: failure notice
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:14:09 GMT
> But the variable I define here is empty after leaving this xsl
> structure.

leaving which structure?

that variable can never be empty as both branches of the xsl:choose
generate an img element node. the scope of a variable binding is the
parent of the xsl:variable element, so if you mean you try to access
the variable  from outside that scope then you should get an undefined
variable error (rather than an empty variable).
My other guess as to what you might mean is that you use xsl:value-of to
access the variable, this will return empty as img is an empty element
so has an empty string as its string value, use xsl:copy-of.

David

http://www.star.net.uk