[xsl] Processing data after an empty tag.

Subject: [xsl] Processing data after an empty tag.
From: "McKinstry, Scott A" <scott.a.mckinstry@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:41:15 -0500
I am using XSLT 1.0 and trying to find a way to transform the following SGML into XML.

SGML Input Supplied:

<para>
</para>

The problem I am trying to find a solution for is actually a problem in the sgml dtd.  It was poorly written and now I have to deal with it.

I was thinking that I could some how processing the parent <text> tag and
determine what the style tag that precedes the text intended the output to be.
So far I have not found a way that work.  Any help would be appreciated.

XML Output Required:

<para>The following is a list.
	<itemizedlist>
	</itemizedlist>