Re: [xsl] Retrieving Parameters Values from an XSLT Transform

Subject: Re: [xsl] Retrieving Parameters Values from an XSLT Transform
From: Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Batsis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:57:02 +0200
From: Varley, Roger [mailto:Roger.Varley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

What I had in mind was to
use the javax.xml.transform.Transformer object in my calling program and
pass it an empty string using setParameter(), assign the parameter a value
during the XSLT transform and then call getParameter() after the transform
has finished?

You cannot change the value of a parameter/variable in standard XSLT, so there should be no reason for an XSLT proccessor to return parameters back to you.

The reason I'm asking is that I have an application that receives an XML
datastream through a servlet. The servlet formats the XML into a
"user-friendly" text file via the Transformer class and attaches the result
to an e-mail. I've now been asked to include data from the XML document into
the title of the e-mail.

Just retreive the information you need from the source or result document using the XML API of your choice.

Manos