RE: [xsl] XML to XML transformation and Entities.

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML to XML transformation and Entities.
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:28:49 -0000
> I am doing XML to XML conversion using XSLT.  In the
> newly transformed XML I need to include some entity
> declarations.

The data model that XSLT operates on doesn't include entity declarations or
entity references. Therefore, your choice is between bending XSLT to meet
the requirement, or not using XSLT at all.

I think the cleanest solution to this kind of requirement is to express your
transformation as a pipeline in which the steps that can't be done using
XSLT are done using some other tool - for example Perl.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/