Re: [xsl] break or exit in xsl?

Subject: Re: [xsl] break or exit in xsl?
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 04:19:27 -0800 (PST)
if I can add a bit to what others have said..

When we specify some XPath expression in select
attribute of xsl:for-each (like Person/Age), we are
asking the XSLT processor to select a portion of input
tree, and traverse all the nodes "on this subset" of
input tree. The nodes of this subtree (specified by
select attribute) may be scattered at various places
in the original source tree. The processor has to
traverse the nodes of this subtree. It may do so using
any strategy like parallel, depth-first-search,
breadth-first-search or something similar..

So imagining sequential execution in xsl:for-each loop
is not right..

Regards,
Mukul

--- Katharina Kreis <katharinakreis@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to exit my xsl:for-each tag when I'm reaching
> a value. Example:
>
> <xsl:for-each select="Person/Age">
>     <xsl:if test=".='30'>
>        <!-- Here I need to exit xsl:for-each -->
>     </xsl:if>
> </xsl:for-each>
>
>  In Java or C++ there exists a break or exit keyword
> to do this. How can
> I do this with xsl?
>
> Katharina

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!