Re: [xsl] Count a substring of an attribute in childnodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Count a substring of an attribute in childnodes
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:26:38 +0000
David C. wrote:
so you should get

<Output>count(number(colspec[contains(@colwidth,'*')]/substring-before(@colwidth,'*')))</Output>

Ah, yes I can see why this would be so.
I used <xsl:value-of select="number($total-colwidth)"/> which gave me the NaN output.

Dimitre,
Thank you for the reply.

I am afraid that I am not much for extension programmes for XSL. Last time I tried getting EXSLT to work with my developing environment, I had to reinstall everything. At the moment I prefer XSL only solutions until a time comes when I have more time to look into such.

I will save your solution for that later time, though.

Thank you both. I can see from this that the count function is not that efficient in XSL ver. 1.0.

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)