Re: [xsl] what does this statement mean?

Subject: Re: [xsl] what does this statement mean?
From: RQamar <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:57:32 +0000
Thanks Jarno. That solved the problem.

And thanks to David as well for the detailed explanation of its meaning. Atleast I understand the logic behind it now.

Regards
Rahil

Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

Im trying to rearrange the order of my XML elements using the <xsl:copy> feature of XSLT 2.0. However Im having trouble with one line of code which causes my processor to run into an infinite loop.

Could someone please let me know what this particular <xsl:apply-templates select="*[1]" mode="walker"/> means and what exactly its trying to do (this was a piece of code that was suggested by someone from this list).

Might have been me, I use the "walker" mode name for that sort of grouping. Basically it's a grouping method that walks through a flat list of elements and the "walker" mode templates decide whether to stop the walking or continue.