Re: [xsl] Stylesheet from a stylesheet

Subject: Re: [xsl] Stylesheet from a stylesheet
From: "Aron Bock" <aronbock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:32:52 +0000
One requirement is left - mapping namespaces in two XMLs. I'll
probably take care of it later. If you have time, you may give a
modified version of your XSLT to take care of namespaces as well. Or
probably somebody else could..

I am wondering if the tool you have written is able to generate
optimized xsl:template definitions(just like we write XSLT files
manually) and also takes care of overlapping (nested tags).. I'll have
to test it and say further..

I'm afraid I don't know xml/xsl well enough to know the intricacies of namespaces; this is pending my own education. If you regard the mapping file as a grammar production, you may be able to devise a similar production for namespaces.

The processor I wrote is simple, and lays no claim to generating "optimized" xsl--it's only a first-pass effort, and was done just to clear my head of xsl questions *I'm* toying with :-)

Regards,

--A

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/