Re: [xsl] Can't make template match root element with schema info

Subject: Re: [xsl] Can't make template match root element with schema info
From: James Fuller <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:04 +0100
I think David succintly explained XML namespaces as constrasted with XSLT, here are a few background links

older stuff
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/1999/01/namespaces.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/
http://www.jclark.com/xml/xmlns.htm
http://www.zvon.org/xxl/NamespaceTutorial/Output/

I think the faq for this list has more on this

I think you just wrote the FAQ on this! DaveP should include on XSLT FAQ this one, its a keepr.

though...........there is one other namespace that he may encounter with XSLT, the 'language that doth not speak its name'....that is Microsoft early XSLT shipped with IE 5.0 circa 1998

http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/msxml-faq.htm

though I think its reasonable to state that this is highly unlikely these days....at least I havent heard it for awhile.

cheers, Jim Fuller

ps: been itching to move that URL for a long time!