Re: [xsl] Can't use any of the xdt functions! Grrrr

Subject: Re: [xsl] Can't use any of the xdt functions! Grrrr
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:35:57 +1100
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:40:40 -0000, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I assume, that "xs:dayTimeDuration" is typo or from an older version
> > of the spec and now should be "xsd:dayTimeDuration"?
>
> It should be xdt:....
> >
> > Anyway, I've tried countless variations of the namespace (where do I
> > get the 'real' xdt namespace used by saxon???
>
> W3C change the namespace each time a new working draft comes out, and Saxon
> follows suit. So it depends which version you're using. For 8.3 it's
> http://www.w3.org/2005/02/xpath-datatypes
>
> The simplest way to get a 100% reliable answer is to look in the source code
> for net.sf.saxon.om.NamespaceConstant.
>
> Or try this query:
>
> java net.sf.saxon.Query -t "{<a
> xmlns:j='java:net.sf.saxon.om.NamespaceConstant'>{j:XDT()}</a>}"
>
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/

Recently I had to switch back from code running with Saxon 8.3 to Saxon 8.2

To do so I had to revert to the older xdt namespace. It proved almost
impossible to find it on the Web!

I would appeal to the various W3C  WGs to record in a central location
all namespace URIs used in their "temporary" namespaces such as xdt.

The admirable tricks recommended by Michael Kay for finding this
information in the source code of Saxon 8.x clearly show how difficult
the W3C groups have made it for a programmer to use the reference
implementations of the drafts.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.