Re: [xsl] SAX Parser

Subject: Re: [xsl] SAX Parser
From: Stef <stef@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:46:21 -0500
Hello Peiyun,
	I think that these questions are (pretty much) inappropiate
for this email list, however, the quick answers are:

1) UTF-8 (for XML) is the default. No encoding = UTF-8
2) You dont - use XML-Schema to sanity check the file

	Regards
	Steph

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 11:31:34AM -0500, Jiang, Peiyun wrote:
> When using a SAX parser,
> (1) How do you detect the encoding of the XML file? Right now, I'm reading
the first line of the XML file and try to parse the <?xml ...
encoding="UTF-8"?>. What if no encoding is declared?