Re: [xsl] how to define a namespace-prefix for null-namespace

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to define a namespace-prefix for null-namespace
From: Siegfried Baiz <baiz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:50:22 +0100
Thanks for that help. It's exacty what I was looking for.

Siegfried

Dipl.-Math. (Univ.)
Siegfried Baiz
Sulzer GmbH
Frankfurter Ring 162, D-80807 Muenchen
Tel.: +49 89 31858-264
Fax : +49 89 31858-599
mailto:baiz@xxxxxxxxx

Michael Kay wrote:

In XSLT 2.0 you can define

default-xpath-namespace="some.uri"

which means that an unprefixed name in a path expression refers to names in
the some.uri namespace.

However, it is not possible to bind an explicit namespace prefix to the
"null namespace" (the set of names that are in no namespace). These can only
be referenced using an unprefixed name. A nuisance, but that's the way it
is.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/