Re: [xsl] how red ampersand from the xml file

Subject: Re: [xsl] how red ampersand from the xml file
From: "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:19:46 -0000
----- Original Message ----- From: "henry human" <henry_human@xxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 6:01 PM

they are generated as text (read recordsets from a
access database and write them as xml tag to a xml
file)

Well rather than patch up the code to escape ampersands and the other "dodgy" characters (<, ', ") you can just open an adodb.recordset and save directly to an xml file, recordset.save(<filename>, 1). It's not a completely straightforward representation but I've successfully transformed it to many other formats. I have generic transform somewhere that turns it into an HTML table for example and if you decide to take this route and would like the file let me know.

Joe