Re: RE: [xsl] New Developer Survey Shows XQuery Adoption Skyrocketing

Subject: Re: RE: [xsl] New Developer Survey Shows XQuery Adoption Skyrocketing
From: Michael Champion <michaelc.champion@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:02:40 -0500
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:25:57 -0500, cknell@xxxxxxxxxx <cknell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Note the terms "comprehensive industry-wide" and the reference to "margin of error". If the claim is not explicit, it is implicit in the use of these terms in the context. I'm lining up with the sceptics, it's a self-serving piece of marketing fluff.
> --

Also note http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jonbruce/archive/2005/03/recent_finding_1.html
"'52% of XML developers have already started working with XQuery in
the last 12 months and another 33% have plans to start using XQuery in
2005" That sounds like a claim that they have taken a representative
sample of XML developers as a whole.    As I said on xml-dev, I can
easily believe those figures if the population being sampled is
developers building XML applications on top of a DBMS.  But that's a
different population than "XML developers".