Re: [xsl] Testing 2 XML documents for equality - a solution

Subject: Re: [xsl] Testing 2 XML documents for equality - a solution
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 06:03:36 +1000
Hi Mukul,

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 04:36:32 -0800 (PST), Mukul Gandhi
<mukul_gandhi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Dimitre,
>  I am really not good at mathematics at this level. I
> did studied about relations like "symmetric, reflexive
> and transitive" time back. But I did so just to score
> grades. I had no idea then their practical use.. It is
> indeed enlightening for me to know they have real
> practical use (in XML & XSLT!). I cannot define my
> problem in these terms.. As my knowledge is limited.

This confirms the conclusion that here we see attempts at offering a
solution to a problem that is not well defined.

How can we then judge the solution?

> I would be happy if you can define in these precise
> terms the problem I am trying to solve(based on my
> earlier posts to this thread).

Impossible.

>  I'll keep it as a
> reference for future use. I defined the problem (I am
> trying to solve) from an average programmer's point of
> view.. And I think that it is quite understandable to
> an average programmer ;)

A number of very wise people already explained why this is difficult
to define -- they also found holes in your definition (and
understanding) of the problem. These people obviously are not average
programmers.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.