[xsl] OT: Shakespeare and spell checking (was Text processing on XSLT 2.0)

Subject: [xsl] OT: Shakespeare and spell checking (was Text processing on XSLT 2.0)
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:05:07 -0500
A comment I can't resist:

It's wrong to use a spell checker on Shakespeare's works, because:
A) Standardized spelling didn't exist in his time
B) He's Shakespeare and you're not

(No offense meant, of course - a comment made purely in jest)

On a more serious note, hats off to both Dimitre and Mike for FXSL and
Saxon - excellent work.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services
(and founder and first President of the University of Wyoming Shakespeare
Society)

Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/04/2005 04:44 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] Text processing on XSLT 2.0

At 04:56 PM 4/4/2005, you wrote:
>Among the unknown words are such nice words as:
>
>affordeth
>affrighted
>ariseth
>arithmetician
>arrivance
>bethink
>betimes
>bewhored

... why I almost never use a spell-checker -- they never know my
favorites!

(Seriously -- that's some pretty impressive work going on over there.)

Cheers,
Wendell