[xsl] loading dom

Subject: [xsl] loading dom
From: "Prasad Akella" <avlnprasad@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:40:28 +0200
Hello,

I have an xslt which transforms xml into xhtml controls.  I need to take the data entered from the user in those controls and save the xml tree again as there is some appending to the original data going on. For this i am calling a javascript from one of my xhtml controls. But the problem is i am not able to do anything. Is it a problem with namespace i am not sure.

var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("MICROSOFT.FreeThreadedXMLDOM");
  function save(){
                        xmlDoc.async="false";
                        xmlDoc.onreadystatechange=verify;
                        xmlDoc.load(Server.MapPath('QP_Sample.xml'));
                        var xmlObj=xmlDoc.documentElement;
                        alert(xmlObj)
                        xmlDoc.save(Server.MapPath('AP_Sample.xml'));
                        return true;
                        }
This above function is written in a javascript which is written in my CData section of the xsl file. I am calling the function in a template which is writing the xhtml controls as

 <xhtml:input type="button" name="submit" value="Finish Exam" onclick="save()"/>

can someone please tell me what to do.

with kind regards,
Prasad