RE: [xsl]   as HTML source output from XSLT - non breaking space to HTML

Subject: RE: [xsl]   as HTML source output from XSLT - non breaking space to HTML
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:16:24 +0300
Hi,

> Adam Knight proposed this question 2 months ago, (thread titled Using
> &nbsp; in XSL HTML Output)
>
> Please excuse me, I did not understand the answers, and, if
> any are used
> in code, they do not achieve the desired affect.

The bottom line, methinks, is that you should want to output a nbsp entity,
but rather the Unicode NO-BREAK SPACE character (as nbsp entity is just one
way of expressing that). Thus write the NO-BREAK SPACE character into your
stylesheet, or use a character reference &#160; or &#xA0;. The just let the
serializer of you XSLT engine to handle the rest. If you're not happy with
what the serializer generates (if it chooses not to generate a nbsp entity
when using html output method), then try to configure the serializer to
generate it, post-process the results, or write your own serializer.

Cheers,

Jarno - Informatik: The World Belongs to Us
<http://www.metropolis-records.com/artists/audio/315-01.mp3>