RE: RE: [xsl] testing for string and number in XSLT 2.0 was Re: [xsl] Test For Numeric Values?

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] testing for string and number in XSLT 2.0 was Re: [xsl] Test For Numeric Values?
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:50:54 -0400
http://www.uh.edu/engines/epi944.htm

Doozy is a U.S. pop culture term from the 1920's and 1930's. Originally a nickname for automobiles produced by August and Fred Duesenberg (much as Chevrolet automobiles are called "Chevys", or Cadillacs "Caddies", or, if I am not misinformed, Mercedes Benz autombiles are known as "Mercs" in the U.K.) known for powerful engines and distinctive styling.

The term "doozy" became a substantive adjective meaning something amazing and overwhelming. My mother and father used the term, but I rarely hear it now.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email