RE: [xsl] Trouble with position!

Subject: RE: [xsl] Trouble with position!
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:07:58 +0100
When the value of a predicate [X] is an integer, it's a shorthand for
[position()=X]. So E[position()] means E[position()=position()] which is the
same as E[true()], or simply E. Your mistake is in forgetting that the
context changes inside the square brackets. So you need to assign a variable
to the value of position() outside the predicate, and then use the variable
inside the predicate:

<xsl:variable name="pos" select="position">
<xsl:value-of select="x/y/z[$pos]"/>

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/